Ginger, also known as quion or kion, is the medicinal plant of the moment. It is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory root rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, aminoacids and essential oils, that helps fight respiratory and digestive diseases, osteoarthritis and diabetes.
So, what is ginger good for?
- Reduces menstrual cramps.
- A powerful natural aphrodisiac as its essential oil increases the body temperature, estimulating the libido.
- Natural antidepressant.
- Reduces the levels of stress.
- Highly effective against nausea (morning-sickness in pregnant women).
- Helps decrease migraines and headaches.
- Boosts the blood flow preventing cardiovascular diseases.
- Estimulates the pancreas as it increases the production of digestive enzymes.
- Helps prevent ovarian and colon cancer.
- Acts as an antiinflamatory putting an end to the pain and swelling caused by arthritis.
- And much more…
Ginger is one of the very few «superfoods» actually worthy of that term.